Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Autistics Speaking Day

So, yesterday (11/01) was "Autistics Speaking Day". You can read more here and here. The basic theme, to my mind, is to reinforce the idea that the autistic community, especially autistic adults, should be the first party to talk when the topic is autism support and autism research.

I respect that idea and I value this expression. On the other hand, msk is just not at a point where he can speak up for himself. I don't think I'm underestimating him, it's just that questions and speech and listening to people talk, especially about him are not his strong points. In fact, I'd say they irk him to the point of pain.

On the other hand, I have a video from a few years ago of a composition that he made up and let me video. It's all about numbers and chord progressions.



I'll see if some time this month I can get msk to type an entry and let me load it onto this blog. Or at least a newer video where you can hear that his voice has changed.

1 comment:

  1. Cool song (speaking as a lover of numbers)! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Ads, on the other hand, will be deleted.