Over the weekend the usual family activities didn't bring me the normal enjoyment. On Sunday's walk in the park I found myself rushing msk instead of giving him the freedom that has made park time so wonderful for him. I worried about him climbing a tree. I didn't feel like scrambling up and down steep hills. I talked in a fairly unpleasant tone. Generally, I sulked.
Today at work I was just as grumpy. I had a bit of a meltdown over an email. Generally I acted like a jerk.
This is unacceptable and having now recognized my bad behavior I choose to stop it.
So in an attempt to turn it around I'll follow that Ian Dury & The Blockhead tune and list reasons to be cheerful:
- I got a phone call from my traveling kid and she seemed very happy
- Next year I'll have 2 kids at the same school
- Looks like the middle school selection process is over via a lottery win
- It should be beautiful by the end of the week & I think I've earned some time off
- A challenging job is way better than a boring job
- The DSL that was out due to rain is back up now