Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vengeance

Remember that light-hearted post I was promising?




I don't often talk about my husband here, but he is, of course, the love of my life. He's go a penchant for god-awful Hawaiian shirts. It started as a joke, but I think that now he actually feels fondness for their hideousness.



I have been known to hold a grudge. In 9th grade we read The Scarlet Letter. I hated it mainly because I hated the characters. At that age I had very little tolerance for the idea that different times had different values. At 14 I was sure that I understood sexual freedom and hated prudes... based on theory and reading of course.

I realize the silliness in retrospect, but still, I just can't seem to find an sympathy for Puritans.



The connection? Puritan brand Hawaiian shirts and Hester, Dimsdale, Chillingsworth and all the rest, turning in their graves.

It makes me smile every time I do laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Ads, on the other hand, will be deleted.