Friday, February 12, 2010

Another week down

Well, I haven't been doing so well with the resolution to post more often. Sorry. It's related to some insane deadlines at work that I would tell you about, but I'm afraid there would be casualties from people dropping dead out of boredom from reading my blog. I want to be clear, I don't find my job boring, but after 25 years of doing this, I have found that just about everybody else finds the work life of an engineer very boring to listen to. So, surf ice it to say that work has been very busy lately and I barely have time to read my favorite blogs, much less do any posting.

My weight/exercise/health resolution has been going better, and I've got to say it seems like a more important resolution. On to specifics. Copying my goals from last week's post:

  1. Drink coffee black - Third week in, still 100% compliance
  2. Weigh in everyday - Third week in, still 100% compliance, logging in to iPod & Nutrisum
  3. Pick low fat when grocery shopping (lean meats, less cream/cheese based dishes) - Still100% compliance meals are much healthier
  4. 30min exercise at work every day - not quite 100% with all this stinking snow and the days I worked from home. Strangely it's very hard to take breaks from work when I'm working at home. Might be related to the 3 kids home from school because of the snow.
  5. Follow the Wii Active 30 day challenge - Another bit of a slippage although I have been getting some exercise from shoveling snow off the deck. Next week I'll do better.
  6. Track and work on the following 5 points - tracking every day
    a. Three servings of whole grains - a little hard, 90%
    b. Five servings of vegetables and fruits - every day 100%
    c.Five glasses of water - every day 100%
    d. No snacks within 2 or 3 hours of bed - hardest, about 75%
    e. Breakfast within 2 hours of waking up - every day 100%

And the results... well, we're talking about a lifestyle change. That will take more than 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Ads, on the other hand, will be deleted.