Friday, June 18, 2010

tic, tic, tic, tic

If you recall my post last month you'll remember that I was anxious about not having finalized summer plans for msk. Perhaps you assumed that since I hadn't posted about it again, I had heard about a wonderful placement with a lot of details, and it was all so perfect it would have made for a boring post.

Sadly, that's not the case.

Today, exactly one week and a weekend before the start of ESY I got a letter about msk's placement. Not much advanced notice, eh?

And as far as details of what the program is and if it's a good fit? Nothing but the name of the school. Did they talk to anyone on the IEP team? No.

Last year this exact same situation (well, actually it wasn't nearly this last minute, it was 2 or 3 weeks before ESY) spun me up like a top. This year... breathe in, breath out. I calmly and politely called North Ave. I'll make sure this is a good fit and we'll figure out how to get him moved if it's not a good fit. I'll take it in stride.

I may be getting an extra 10% - 20% more grey hairs every year, but at least I learn from the experiences.

photo - time timer ipod app

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Ads, on the other hand, will be deleted.